Is anyone running the FSD beta on MCU1?

LPerez

May 13, 2023
Tesla service is telling me I need to pay for MCU2 in order to run the FSD, but the car was sold the FSD package in 2016 with the understanding that the thousands of dollars paid was going to make FSD available on that car with MCU1. Is anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• Tesla service about FSD.jpg
    Tesla service about FSD.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 2

shadir

May 22, 2023
Tesla service is telling me I need to pay for MCU2 in order to run the FSD, but the car was sold the FSD package in 2016 with the understanding that the thousands of dollars paid was going to make FSD available on that car with MCU1. Is anyone else having this issue?
I am in the same boat as you. I had gotten the invite to the FSD to show up in my car in December and I had even gotten my driver score to show up in the app and it was logging. I got an actual invite to upgrade to the FSD and then the app said I needed to have 2 of my cameras upgraded. I had mobile service come out. He reset the calibration of the cameras and left and said it should update after the calibration finishes. I opened my app the next day and my driver score was gone and any record of FSD invite was gone.

LPerez

May 13, 2023
So, you now have no way to opt in? Wow... it is looking like Tesla has no care for us MCU1 customers

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
I am in the same boat as you. I had gotten the invite to the FSD to show up in my car in December and I had even gotten my driver score to show up in the app and it was logging. I got an actual invite to upgrade to the FSD and then the app said I needed to have 2 of my cameras upgraded. I had mobile service come out. He reset the calibration of the cameras and left and said it should update after the calibration finishes. I opened my app the next day and my driver score was gone and any record of FSD invite was gone.
Which update are you on right now?

LPerez

May 13, 2023
2022.8.10.11 and I've been on that one for over 3 months now.
I get the feeling that Tesla is ignoring MCU1 owners to force them to pay for MCU2

Reactions: Red October

LPerez

May 13, 2023
I just now received and am dl'ing update 2022.8.10.12... really? This is from February 2022 right?! It will be interesting to see what if anything this adds

LPerez

May 13, 2023
It does not seem to have added anything and there is nothing newer than February 2022 available as yet for MCU1. Does anyone with MCU1 have a more recent software version?

Red October

Jun 11, 2023
It does not seem to have added anything and there is nothing newer than February 2022 available as yet for MCU1. Does anyone with MCU1 have a more recent software version?
I have FSD with MCU1. I have upgraded to hardware3 and they recently put new cameras on the car for free. My software is at 2022.8. Having MCU1 is only for the infotainment part of the car and should not prevent us from newer updates but it appears to be the case. I was told by the service tech that it isn’t required for FSD but we would miss out on many infotainment features.

LPerez

May 13, 2023
So, it would seem that all MCU1 owners are over a year behind the current software that MCU2 owners have. MCU1 latest update is week 8 of 2022. This is a bit ridiculous and almost seems as if Tesla is trying to force MCU1 owners to pay the $2,500 for MCU2 when they shouldn't have to.

Reactions: Red October