Yeah yeah. I call bullshit. I have looked and I have NEVER seen a vehicle with tied fsd on the used section. Which means they remove it.
I get the frustration, but “they remove it” doesn’t line up with reality.
If Tesla could slap an extra $5k–$10k resale value on a used car
just by leaving FSD on it, they absolutely would. Tesla is a business — removing something that increases margin makes zero sense.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- Only a tiny fraction of the fleet actually bought FSD.
Best estimates put outright FSD purchases somewhere in the low-teens percentage range across ~6 million cars. That means the vast majority of Teslas — especially newer ones — don’t have transferable FSD at all.
- The ones that do show up get bought instantly.
People stalk the used inventory for FSD-included cars because it’s basically free value. When one appears, it’s gone in hours. If you’re not checking constantly, you’ll never see them.
So the “I’ve never seen one, therefore Tesla must be removing it” conclusion is just selection bias.
You’re looking for a rare configuration that sells the moment it appears.