How about upgrades PAINT!

RasheedIrani

Sep 28, 2022
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Yes, I know...The paint is not a part of the "technology" that we discuss here, but, one of the complaints that I hear the most, is the quality of the paint.

I purchased my Model Y in July of 2020 and have about 18,000 miles on it. I have several rock chips :(

I guess everyone knows that Tesla's paint is "too soft" and chips easily. I wish they're reconsider upgrading the quality of the paint.

Does anyone else here have the same issue?

Thanks,
Rasheed

Reactions: Not a Tesla App

Gruuvyg

Oct 3, 2022
Most of us have the same issues with paint. I just had the rock chips corrected and covered the front end with PPF. Should have done it day one, but was too cheap which cost me in the long run.

Loucks Lion 1961

Nov 19, 2022
I have had my white M3 LR since September 2020, 27,000 miles, and made several road trips from Charlotte to Chicago and to Mobile. Just a few minor chips that are barely noticeable. I considered PPF but it is expensive and the results depend upon the technican installing it. Besides , I understand it normally lasts about 3 years befor starting to peel. My Tesla is not a collectors item but simply a safe car for an old man. If it gets ugly I will investigate painting the entire car.

Reactions: VoodooPriest