Frustrating wiper controls.

Y-Guy

Dec 10, 2022
I'm sure many Tesla owners would agree that the current version of the Auto wiper function is unacceptable until Tesla fixes the problem. When the wipers are on Auto, they often either wipe too fast when it's hardly raining or not fast enough when there's a downpour. I suggest that on the "Cards" display, have the wipers available until not needed, rather than pressing and holding the button each time to display and make your selection. Having it accessible at a glance would be safer and available anytime. -GD

Reactions: K.I.T.T. and RNHurt

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Which firmware is your car on? I’ve found it fine after 2023.44.30.8 or something like that. Still not perfect, but your idea of keeping the card there would work.

Jaymc

Aug 5, 2023
How about being able to utilize the wipers in the same manner as changing songs on your phone (pressing the left scroll wheel to the right.) This would be great in the Pacific NW (in USA) where it varies how the rain falls throughout the day.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I always thought the wipers on my MY were just fine; no problems at all. I had no idea what everyone was complaining about. Then I traded the MY for my MX (same year) and the wipers are just horrible. I"m not sure what the difference is but now I understand what people were complaining about, unfortunately.

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
I'm sure many Tesla owners would agree that the current version of the Auto wiper function is unacceptable until Tesla fixes the problem. When the wipers are on Auto, they often either wipe too fast when it's hardly raining or not fast enough when there's a downpour. I suggest that on the "Cards" display, have the wipers available until not needed, rather than pressing and holding the button each time to display and make your selection. Having it accessible at a glance would be safer and available anytime. -GD
Actually it's already like that. Just drag the wipers function to your favorites and you can simply disable/control them manually, without using the wheel button.

And I'm all with you on the rest. It's just plain ridiculous. They get activated by mosquitoes but not by pouring rain. Most dangerous, try and spray cleaning solution with autopilot on, one of those solutions to wipe mosquitoes which are foamy, and be ready to take control because autopilot will react as if it has no visibility, very dangerous.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Sonny1983

Apr 30, 2024
My M3 is on 2024.8.9 and the wipers work pretty fine. I only have the car for good two weeks now, but I never had an unnecessary activation so far. When driving in the rain (4 times until now), the speed or interval is not much off of what I would set them if I would control them manually. That said, I've never had a car with rain sensor (auto wipers) before, so maybe I'm just not used to how perfect other cars perform in this regard. But I'm pretty happy with how they work.

Reactions: RNHurt

K.I.T.T.

Mar 26, 2024
Italy
I had auto wipers pretty much on any of the 7 cars in the last 20 years, almost never had to touch them, except when parking under trees during period when tree resin leaks. On my former and current M3, I'm driving with them permanently disabled to avoid them cracking by continuous false-starts, cursing when I engage autopilot since Tesla Vision needs them, setting them manually when it rains. At least I appreciate that they put a "physical" button on an otherwise ill-designed steering wheel.