Discuss: U.S. Proposes Annual $130 Federal Road Tax for EV Owners

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Honestly, I don't understand why it can't be the same amount as an ICE car, or even going as far as raising the tax on gas/diesel.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Now that I think of it, are gas taxes by gallon or price?
If there was a fair / easy way to do it by mileage that would be best. I live in the virtual middle of my state so it’s rare that I drive across state lines so all the tax money should stay in AZ, but those that live back east or on state boarders the math would be a mess trying to get the money where it needs to be.
Of course OUR cars could do that :) .