Discuss: Tesla's Auto Cancel Turn Signals and How They Work

jamieb

Nov 6, 2022
Autoshift is downright dumb. If I pull into a parking lot with an open spot in front of me, it seems to only remember that it could go forward at the time that I parked. If a car then parks facing me just a few feet in front of me while I'm shopping, when I return to the car it wants to autoshift the car to go forward instead of realizing there's an obstacle right in front of me and autoshifting into reverse. It may use Tesla vision to make a decision upon parking, but it should use Tesla Vision to re-assess the situation. Dangerous if you don't pay attention to the decisions it's making.

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
I'm actually enjoying the auto-cancel turn signals, much more than I thought I would. I'm usually pretty good at "lightly" clicking to change lanes or "deep" clicking for normal turns. However, since turning on auto-cancel I just hit the turn signal stalk hard every time and let the car figure it out.

It works most of the time and even works when I'm crossing 3 lanes of traffic to get to a left hand turn. I've only had a couple of times where it didn't work as expected and left the blinker going after I had changed lanes. 🤷‍♂️

arthur

Apr 8, 2023
I thought this was a brilliant added feature. However... I read where it's smart enough to stay on when a left turn is required by navigation. Hmmm, I'm not finding that to be the case. I plot my navigation for every trip I take. Even so, I find it will cancel my turn signal when I move into a left turn lane, requiring me to turn the signal on again as I approach the intersection. And every so often, it won't cancel the turn signal after a turn is completed. All in all, I have to be extra vigilant to ensure the signal is on when it's supposed to be and off when it's not. I guess this feature is in beta, too???

Reactions: RNHurt