This update sounds great, but I just wanna point out they’re not the only ones who can do this. The article even says, “Tesla also noted in the release notes that this protective safety is something only Tesla’s integrated safety systems are capable of doing.” But Mercedes has had their PRE-SAFE tech since like 2002, which tightens seatbelts, adjusts headrests, closes windows/sunroof, adds auto braking, pedestrian detection, and even “PRE-SAFE Sound” to protect your ears. My grandma, who is 84, has a GLS 580, and when we were first buying her a new car, I wanted to get her into a Tesla or even anything electric, but she’s been driving ICE vehicles for so long that we ended up going another route. A few months ago, she actually got rear-ended (by a Model 3, ironically), and her car had 0 damage. It was confirmed by Mercedes that her car accelerated forward to help mitigate the collision. I’m really grateful it kept her safe, especially at her age. So yeah I do think Tesla’s doing great stuff, especially because any second counts but I don’t think they’re the only ones capable of this level of safety and technology. Just thought it was something interesting to point out
