Discuss: Tesla Upgrades Model Y With Larger, Higher Resolution Screen, Adds Black Headliner in China

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
This is cool, but I don't get why they don't just add a smaller display behind the steering wheel. With this, a larger center display wouldn't even be necessary. I mean, even enhanced auto has done this with their S3XY Dash display. It really doesn't seem like much of an ask, and it would certainly give the center display a ton more realestate.
 

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
This is cool, but I don't get why they don't just add a smaller display behind the steering wheel. With this, a larger center display wouldn't even be necessary. I mean, even enhanced auto has done this with their S3XY Dash display. It really doesn't seem like much of an ask, and it would certainly give the center display a ton more realestate.
i used to wish for a center display, and when i got my MS i was happy initially, but after a while i didn’t like it anymore. i'd gotten used to just glancing to the right instead of looking down. plus, selecting auto park was a weird process with the scroll wheel, and you can’t interact with the visualization. that might be just me because i've already experienced it, but i wouldn’t go back. i am a bigger is better person and i like a the bigger center display. i think they should remove the screen right in front of you and add an advanced HUD similar to Mercedes and Lucid with augmented reality. that would even be cool if the visualization could be overlaid onto the HUD.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
I'm in the minority, don't like the screen behind the wheel. I guess 5+ years of driving a Y got me brainwashed. The display on the S is annoying anytime the wheel is turned a little to obstruct it, like PARKING for example.
Another .something of an inch is nice, not a big deal IMO. A more efficient display (not that this one isn't) would be welcome, and the tilting that you can get with aftermarket stuff would be nice too.
The black headliner is something I'd like to see. I got smudges on my gray ones, but my memory is they cleaned up fine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR