Discuss: Tesla Update 2025.45.6 (FSD V14.2.2.1) Release Notes

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83
Tesla software update 2025.45.6 (FSD 14.2.2.1) includes FSD (Supervised) v14.2.2.1, Arrival Options, Speed Profiles, UI Improvements, Brake Confirm, Full Self-Driving (Supervised), Grok with Navigation Commands (Beta), Tesla Photobooth, Dog Mode Live Activity on iOS, Dashcam Viewer Update, Santa Mode Updates, Light Show Update, Paint Shop, Paint Shop Upgrade, Navigation Improvements, Automatic HOV Lanes Routing, Supercharger Site Maps, Phone Left On Wireless Charger, Full Self-Driving (Supervised), Phone Left Behind, Save Charge Limit by Location, SpaceX Docking Simulator, Minor Updates. View Release Notes
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Dang, that is a really fast turn around. I wonder what the bug was that they saw it fit to release an update so quickly. It makes me think it’s something pretty bad to need such a quick update.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
I think I figured it out. I only got update v14.2.2 last night, but I took it out for a quick test drive this morning. The speed profiles seem to basically not do anything in 14.2.2. Putting it in standard is like having it in sloth or chill, and even having it in mad max it still would barely go over the speed limit. But other than that, everything else seemed fine, at least on my quick morning drive.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
14.2.2 was pretty good for me, solid lane changes! Just did some strange lane choices at times, like - gets over to the left before a left turn and then moves back for no reason, or at least tries. I was able to cancel the lane changes by hitting the turn signal button. Hope that’s sorted out. As for profiles- I had been on standard for the whole time :) . Decent parking about 3 times, 2 pull ins and one back in. Oh, and it was driving appropriately in a spot where the car would display 35MPH after passing 45MPH signs. The car drove up to 50MPH like it KNEW it was a 45, in spite of displaying 35.
Routing woes continue at our main interchange, can’t wait until that gets figured out!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

VoodooPriest

Active member
Nov 26, 2022
126
181
43
It would have been a pleasant Christmas surprise if we, legacy owners, had received the FSD 13 or 14 lite version. I'm counting on it never happening. Tech moves fast, and tech companies are rarely in the business of supporting the old stuff anymore.
 

RNHurt

Well-known member
Sep 17, 2022
448
358
63
Kentucky
It would have been a pleasant Christmas surprise if we, legacy owners, had received the FSD 13 or 14 lite version. I'm counting on it never happening. Tech moves fast, and tech companies are rarely in the business of supporting the old stuff anymore.
I was thinking about this last night. I'm guessing that the legacy vehicles are basically frozen now, with only minor fixes being applied. The only thing that brings into question is the promise of FSD. We purchased it with the understanding that it would allow unsupervised self-driving capabilities, which it does not in it's current form. Will Tesla makes this right or will they just continue to string us alone with more and more promises? At some point can we get our money back? Honestly, I'd rather have the FSD than the money at this point.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Someone in a YT video said resetting the DAS helped them with lane centering. Here’s the video, it’s in the comments. I asked if that is a ‘2 button reset’ and haven’t gotten a reply yet. Here’s a TMC thread on the DAS - https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/exploring-service-mode-found-das-errors.286866/
Good luck!
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to check TMC threads to see if anyone else had experienced issues, and I'm honestly a bit embarrassed I didn't think about it, :LOL:. That said, from what I can tell, I'm better off making a service appointment. Some people that have reset their DAS seem to have had the issue resolved, and others seem to have encountered a slightly more serious issue of a bad camera module. I might just be unlucky and have a bad module, seeing as a camera calibration reset didn't help. Either way, I will need to spend some more time with v14.2.2.1 (when I get it) to see if maybe it was just the previous 14.2.1.25 was causing me some issues. If I see it pop-up again, I'll just schedule a service visit. Maybe it's even something they can do a mobile visit for if I'm lucky.

It would have been a pleasant Christmas surprise if we, legacy owners, had received the FSD 13 or 14 lite version. I'm counting on it never happening. Tech moves fast, and tech companies are rarely in the business of supporting the old stuff anymore.

I was thinking about this last night. I'm guessing that the legacy vehicles are basically frozen now, with only minor fixes being applied. The only thing that brings into question is the promise of FSD. We purchased it with the understanding that it would allow unsupervised self-driving capabilities, which it does not in it's current form. Will Tesla makes this right or will they just continue to string us alone with more and more promises? At some point can we get our money back? Honestly, I'd rather have the FSD than the money at this point.

If I recall correctly, I think the last they spoke of HW3 cars, they mentioned that their goal for an FSD v14 "lite" was Q2 of 2026? I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that, but I get how frustrating it can be to not be getting updates, especially on something that was promised. To be fair to them, they barely just got FSD v14 to a functional enough state that it seems that most of the previous issues it's had so far are "mostly" gone. This is solidified further by the fact that the default FSD version that they are still shipping if you haven't purchased or subscribed to FSD is version 13.2.9 on HW4 cars. I'm guessing that we won't see that v14 "lite" until FSD v14 becomes the default version of HW4 cars.

It seems to me that their next major goal is to work on v14.3 or their reasoning FSD model. Which is a fairly big undertaking, and may also have a load of benefits over previous versions of FSD up to this point. Only time will tell, but I think Tesla is in for some very rough times ahead if they don't deliver to HW3 customers at some point.
 

VoodooPriest

Active member
Nov 26, 2022
126
181
43
Honestly, I'd rather have the FSD than the money at this point.
I'm in the same camp. The money has been spent, and the car will be paid off in a year. Even v12 FSD significantly reduces the fatigue of long drives, and I rely on it. Aside from FSD, I'm baffled at the features released to Ryzen chips only that most certainly would work on Intel too. It might have more to do with Tesla's code branches, but JFC, throw us a bone.
 

RNHurt

Well-known member
Sep 17, 2022
448
358
63
Kentucky
Aside from FSD, I'm baffled at the features released to Ryzen chips only that most certainly would work on Intel too. It might have more to do with Tesla's code branches, but JFC, throw us a bone.
No kidding! There are quite a few things I can think of that we legacy owners should have access to.

Off the top of my head:
  • Traffic signals on navigation
  • Supplement regenerative braking with physical brakes when the battery is cold or full
  • Updated and/ or customizable light shows
  • Car Wash mode
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
14.2.2 is proving to be very smooth recently. That said- some of those ‘tar snakes’ or crack seal that looks like dark lines can spook the car. There was a time when the car thought those were lane lines when they long and ran parallel-ish to the drive direction! I think glare played into it too, but that’s been gone for a while and is back when the tar snakes are more clumpy looking.
My biggest gripe is still navigation / routing decisions. The driving was fantastic from Prescott to Cottonwood city hall (public charging!) going over Mingus Mountain. Very twisty mountain roads, some roundabouts, some highway, some city, a nice variety. Fun fact- 5% to go 43 mile and 15% coming back. That’s life in the mountains. There is a point at the top of Mingus (elevation 7023’) where the car is below your arrival charge by 4% on a Model S battery. You need 9% to only use 5% to get there!
To sum up- driving on 14.2.2 seems like it is 96% there, routing is still the weak point. It’ll get you there, but some last minute lane changes or re-routing because it doesn’t understand how the roads are laid out Vs what the maps must be communicating.
I wonder if 14.3 or whatever is next that has 10x the inputs will be skittish for a bit until the car figures out how to handle all that!
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
14.2.2 is proving to be very smooth recently. That said- some of those ‘tar snakes’ or crack seal that looks like dark lines can spook the car. There was a time when the car thought those were lane lines when they long and ran parallel-ish to the drive direction! I think glare played into it too, but that’s been gone for a while and is back when the tar snakes are more clumpy looking.
My biggest gripe is still navigation / routing decisions. The driving was fantastic from Prescott to Cottonwood city hall (public charging!) going over Mingus Mountain. Very twisty mountain roads, some roundabouts, some highway, some city, a nice variety. Fun fact- 5% to go 43 mile and 15% coming back. That’s life in the mountains. There is a point at the top of Mingus (elevation 7023’) where the car is below your arrival charge by 4% on a Model S battery. You need 9% to only use 5% to get there!
To sum up- driving on 14.2.2 seems like it is 96% there, routing is still the weak point. It’ll get you there, but some last minute lane changes or re-routing because it doesn’t understand how the roads are laid out Vs what the maps must be communicating.
I wonder if 14.3 or whatever is next that has 10x the inputs will be skittish for a bit until the car figures out how to handle all that!
For me, it has been a mixed bag. Speed profiles don't really seem to matter much, and the car tends to even go below the speed limit on standard, hurry, or mad max, and rarely even get up to the speed limit. And for some reason, it struggles now to get onto a specific highway entrance that it never had issues with before. It's almost like it is too lazy to switch lanes at times and would just rather not switch lanes at all if there is more than one option to get to the end destination. And following that, it seems to now make mistakes on lane decisions a bit more frequently. For example, making a protected double left turn, it will choose the inside lane when we have to make an immediate right turn after going through the intersection. It is smooth, so I'll give it that, but it definitely makes a lot of small mistakes, luckily none that are safety related. I have actually experienced the swerving you are talking about, but with dark tire marks instead of asphalt lines.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Oh yeah, on that left turn with an immediate right after it I’ve had a mixed bag myself. Some places it nails it and others it is hit or miss. I tried to figure out if it was because of cars stacked up at the red in one or the other lanes. Never did figure it out. I add that to the routing / nav issues, late lane changes to follow the route at some places but not others. Routing!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Oh yeah, on that left turn with an immediate right after it I’ve had a mixed bag myself. Some places it nails it and others it is hit or miss. I tried to figure out if it was because of cars stacked up at the red in one or the other lanes. Never did figure it out. I add that to the routing / nav issues, late lane changes to follow the route at some places but not others. Routing!
I'm honestly starting to believe that the lane change issue isn't so much routing as it is planning and decision-making on FSD's part. Because the nav will show the correct route, but for some reason, FSD will ignore it and choose its own path. It's almost like that change they made a little while ago to improve navigation rewards is conflicting with FSD's reasoning.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
I know in my case the nav shows two straight lanes being okay (dark) when only the left one is. Stuff like that makes me think it’s the nav. Then again, today driving through Prescott Valley the nav had a straight nave through 2 different 4 way stops and the car did all kinds of weird stuff, wanted to get in a right turn only lane at one, tried to turn left at the other. Just bizarre, and that route was just straight! Who knows.