Discuss: Tesla Update 2025.38.6 - Release Notes

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
Tesla software update 2025.38.6 includes Tron Mode, 3D Buildings, Satellite View, Dashcam Viewer Updates, Side Cameras Recording, New Scroll Wheel Functions, Grok (Beta), Onboarding Guide, Minor Updates. View Release Notes
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
830
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
Grok is so under used, has so much untapped vocal abilities it’s nothing short of amazing.

Translating on the fly, learn a new language while u drive, discuss the benefits of rotating fractal codes, vent and work on your anger issues with Ava therapist personality, have Eve tell a story to your kids or sing happy birthday, plenty of dad jokes and trivia games.
Bounce ideas on grok and get honest feedback, have Rex tell u what’s trending, research Tesla engine codes, recommend nearby restaurants, calculate numbers, weather reports, traffic tie ups, road closures, distances, and a million other fun facts.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
Grok is so under used, has so much untapped vocal abilities it’s nothing short of amazing.

Translating on the fly, learn a new language while u drive, discuss the benefits of rotating fractal codes, vent and work on your anger issues with Ava therapist personality, have Eve tell a story to your kids or sing happy birthday, plenty of dad jokes and trivia games.
Bounce ideas on grok and get honest feedback, have Rex tell u what’s trending, research Tesla engine codes, recommend nearby restaurants, calculate numbers, weather reports, traffic tie ups, road closures, distances, and a million other fun facts.
I actually had a really great moment the other day with Grok in my car, when I picked up a friend of the family from Europe that didn't speak English. Grok was able to make the ride significantly less awkward by translating everything I was saying to them, and vice versa. They even used Grok themselves to find a better hotel than the one they originally picked. I do wish that Grok had a wake word already and could actually control some basic features on the car, but I'm honestly pretty happy with how well it works now.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
Just be skeptical of Grok, or any AI. It gave me bad info twice. Both times harmless, one time was about comedy clubs in the Phoenix area- it thought Stir Crazy was in Scottsdale and it is in Glendale. When I mentioned I only see one in Glendale it apologized And corrected the error with the correct address. The Scottsdale addy it gave is for offices.
The other time I asked if the new S has motorized folding rear seats like the Y and it said yes. Then I told it to think harder and it was like OH NO, it does NOT.
Like I said both harmless but reason to double check anything meaningful.
On a side note - downloading 2025.38.7 now.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
Just be skeptical of Grok, or any AI. It gave me bad info twice. Both times harmless, one time was about comedy clubs in the Phoenix area- it thought Stir Crazy was in Scottsdale and it is in Glendale. When I mentioned I only see one in Glendale it apologized And corrected the error with the correct address. The Scottsdale addy it gave is for offices.
The other time I asked if the new S has motorized folding rear seats like the Y and it said yes. Then I told it to think harder and it was like OH NO, it does NOT.
Like I said both harmless but reason to double check anything meaningful.
On a side note - downloading 2025.38.7 now.
38.7???? There is even a 38.8 now?!?!? I'm so confused. Is it attached with a new FSD version or same build?
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
It’s still 13.2.9, the 14 build is < 38 so. Yeah, I dunno how these versions are going! Maybe some are car specific?
Ah, I thought they were moving FSD to the 2025.38 build already. I imagine they are planning on releasing a new FSD version before the shareholders meeting on November 6th. Hopefully it's a more refined version at least, but I'm hoping for a 14.2 with some better handling of parking and navigation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
It's just a guess, but I'm hoping that is one of the “big surprises” that they mentioned at one point for the shareholders meeting. Maybe if we get lucky, they will even announce that they will start removing the safety passengers in Austin too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard