In all honesty, I feel like that is a noble goal, and I understand that they want to prove to both investors and the public that the technology is already working. But I would argue and prefer that they keep the safety monitors or drivers in for as long as possible. Not because I think the cars are unsafe, but because I would personally feel more comfortable with a nice and long, proven track record of safety. I know the comparison to Waymo is constantly brought up, and I know that they did take a bit too long to actually remove safety drivers/monitors. But I think in the end it helped them a lot with public perception, in terms of safety. I think if Tesla follows a similar path, it will overall benefit them more in the long run.
TL;DR I think Tesla shouldn't rush to remove the safety drivers/monitors, to gain more trust from the public about its safety.