Discuss: Tesla to Add Low, High and Auto Settings to Its Heated Steering Wheel in Update

PeterPanana

Jan 20, 2023
I like the sound of that! I was surprised how warm it can get, and being able to set it Lower or Higher is a nice touch! I wouldn't be surprised if I just leave it on Auto after this though!

Alain74

Oct 5, 2022
Good change! The heat is sometimes too hot for the steering wheel and sometimes quite low. Strange. Maybe there is already a system capable of adapting the heat based on the interior temp.?
What would be extremely valuable and innovative would be a heating system for headlights (like the one for the windshield wipers).
Cars left outside at night in mountain areas are mostly iced, frozen in the morning and we systematically have to remove ice on the glass during several minutes outside while temp is really cold -5 to -10°C or less (with wind blowing... awful!😅
In the past, the heat of the lamps was enough to help ice smelting but with led, this is now impossible. Driving with iced headlights glasses is dangerous for other and the driver.

Reactions: EVSteveA

PaulinTampa

Jan 21, 2023
Good change! The heat is sometimes too hot for the steering wheel and sometimes quite low. Strange. Maybe there is already a system capable of adapting the heat based on the interior temp.?
What would be extremely valuable and innovative would be a heating system for headlights (like the one for the windshield wipers).
Cars left outside at night in mountain areas are mostly iced, frozen in the morning and we systematically have to remove ice on the glass during several minutes outside while temp is really cold -5 to -10°C or less (with wind blowing... awful!😅
In the past, the heat of the lamps was enough to help ice smelting but with led, this is now impossible. Driving with iced headlights glasses is dangerous for other and the driver.
Good idea would be temp sensors added to the headlight assembly where you could set on/off and at what temp to heat or defrost. Tweet this suggestion to #Tesla and #ElonMusk maybe.

Reactions: Alain74

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
As an early MY owner, I wonder if it's possible to retrofit a heated steering wheel into my 2020 car. I actually don't think I need a heated steering wheel (I've never had one) but I didn't miss heated seats until I had them either. :D

Alain74

Oct 5, 2022
As an early MY owner, I wonder if it's possible to retrofit a heated steering wheel into my 2020 car. I actually don't think I need a heated steering wheel (I've never had one) but I didn't miss heated seats until I had them either. :D
When you live in the mountain area, having a heating steering wheel is not an option but mandatory when you have a Tesla. Why? gloves cannot help when touching the screen! 😂😂😂😂
Seriously, first time I experience a steering wheel with the heated SW, and during the winter period when you drive for going to work very early in the morning, this comfort is really very appreciated.
Heated seat is however not so required for me (only the level 1 / 3 levels is used.

Reactions: RNHurt