Discuss: Tesla Rolls Out FSD V14.1.3 to Employees, But V14.2 Is Set for the Wide Release

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I had a feeling it would be v14.2 that would be the public release. And while I'm sad we will have to wait a bit longer to try FSD v14 for ourselves, I am happy they are doing their testing and making sure we have a good experience with fewer bugs and safer performance. I think it is paramount that they give everyone a great and smooth experience after the FSD update drought. If they were to release too early and with too many issues, or any regressions present, people might be turned off from using or subscribing to FSD. Overall, a good call in my opinion. Hopefully the article is right, and they do plan on releasing 14.2 before the shareholders meeting, though, since I can't wait to try it myself.

Likewise, I hope the shareholders meeting “special surprise”, isn't like what we just experienced with the mad max release. Expecting one thing, and getting another did not feel good at all.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
Yeah, I saw enough speculation that 14.2 would have to be ‘reached’ before 14 went public. Not sure where that came from, Tesla? History? Doesn’t matter, I’m excited to get it when it arrives.
As for 14.1.3- I think I’m right in being impressed with the quick revisions. I say ‘think’ because they are .1.x revisions, so minor updates. Still, it feels quicker than the past.
Ha! Maybe it’s just been almost a year since we have got an update so anything feels fast :)
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
Yeah, I saw enough speculation that 14.2 would have to be ‘reached’ before 14 went public. Not sure where that came from, Tesla? History? Doesn’t matter, I’m excited to get it when it arrives.
As for 14.1.3- I think I’m right in being impressed with the quick revisions. I say ‘think’ because they are .1.x revisions, so minor updates. Still, it feels quicker than the past.
Ha! Maybe it’s just been almost a year since we have got an update so anything feels fast :)
Yep, I'm glad that they are updating so quickly, and really trying to get this out to as many people as possible in a stable state. However, I feel like the articles here are getting a bit too much into speculation lately. In it, they said that 14.1.3 may be for internal Tesla employees for a while, or may not even go out to early access testers. But just now one of the early access testers is doing a live stream because they just got version 14.1.3 on their Model 3.

Edit: Forgot to include the link for the livestream, in case anyone is interested.

 
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard