Discuss: Tesla Releases FSD V14.1.5 on the Cybertruck: First Look at Features and Videos

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I'm glad that the Cybertruck is finally catching up to the rest of the S3XY line-up in terms of FSD capabilities. I feel FSD has become a staple of Tesla, and the Cybertruck always being left out just felt wrong, even if I don't own one personally.

On a side note, I did notice in a few Cybertruck test videos (including Chuck Cook's) that it seems noticeably better than even v14.1.4 that is out on other models. It seems to mostly have solved a lot of the braking issues, which is my main complaint right now with v14.1.4.

I also experienced an extremely odd case of unexpected acceleration today while on the highway. In my Model 3 LR (2024), I entered the highway on the standard speed profile. After getting on, approximately 1 to 2 miles on the highway, the car automatically decided to switch itself to Mad Max mode. I had not pressed the accelerator, or scrolled on the steering wheel at all, and yet it decided to go into this speed profile seemingly on its own. I don't know if it was a bug, or if it was due to traffic or something it saw, but it was extremely unexpected. It could have gotten me a speeding ticket because I had just passed a highway patrol officer parked just off the on ramp. It's very common for people to speed on that ramp, because it is very long, and people usually like to cut in front of others while merging into traffic.

In the same vein, I had an amazing interaction with a box truck. The truck was maneuvering oddly on the road (reversing between 2 lanes to park in the median), but FSD handled it flawlessly, even so much as reversing to give it enough room to do its maneuver.