Discuss: Tesla Reduces 'Summon Standby' Energy Usage By Adding Certain Limits

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
Tesla's latest software update changes Summon Standby Mode to conserve energy , disabling it overnight and after being parked for 24 hours to cut phantom drain.… Read More
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
I'm glad this got posted- I don't understand the standby part of summon! Does anyone have insight as to why it needs to be enabled? I can only guess- the car is monitoring the surroundings to make sure a kid hasn't crawled under the car or something. The only times I thought it would be convenient to use summon my car was never in summon standby. I feel we should be able to do exactly what the article said and wake up summon in the car first. I'll wait a couple minutes, the reason why I'm using it is prolly because it is raining or I have a lot of stuff to load in the car.
I'd be happy to hear from anyone who uses Summon regularly on this one!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I'm glad this got posted- I don't understand the standby part of summon! Does anyone have insight as to why it needs to be enabled? I can only guess- the car is monitoring the surroundings to make sure a kid hasn't crawled under the car or something. The only times I thought it would be convenient to use summon my car was never in summon standby. I feel we should be able to do exactly what the article said and wake up summon in the car first. I'll wait a couple minutes, the reason why I'm using it is prolly because it is raining or I have a lot of stuff to load in the car.
I'd be happy to hear from anyone who uses Summon regularly on this one!
Summon standby just reduces the amount of time it takes to wake the car from sleep, and then get it going. I can't say I personally use smart summon enough to warrant using the standby feature, but I do find summon useful in the scenarios you mentioned. That said, most of the time when I am out and about, sentry mode is active and keeps the car awake regardless of the standby feature. So I don't know how the summon standby affects this, since the car is technically already awake. However, I have noticed that whenever that is the case and I want to use smart summon, it will first prompt on the screen “preparing” or something along those lines, so maybe that is the part it skips.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard