Discuss: Tesla Patents Smart Windshield With Zoned Windshield Heating

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
Tesla’s new patent reveals independent windshield heating zones. By targeting specific areas like FSD cameras and wipers, Tesla aims to maximize winter range.… Read More
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
This is cool tech, but I wonder what it would look like in person. Like, would you be able to notice the small traces on the windshield, especially in cases where the sun is directly ahead of you? Nonetheless, I'm glad Tesla is still innovating, but I really wish they would do even more in this realm of making the cars as efficient as possible. One area where I'd like to see even more efficiency improvement is in hot weather and not just mild to cold weather. Down here in South Florida, once we hit spring/summer, the efficiency really starts taking a hit due to how hard the AC has to work to keep the cabin cool. And I'm sure that is even worse in some other states that get even hotter during parts of the year.