This is cool tech that looks and sounds a lot like the stuff that they use for satellites and the Hubble telescope in space. That said, being that a lot of the change seems to be mostly the housing, I don't see why this couldn't be made for basically every model of Tesla, both old and new. I get that the motorized aspect might not work for every model given space constraints, but it seems technically possible if they make the motorized parts small enough. Either way, I'm sure even just the changes to the housing alone could make enough of a difference that the motorized part is just a bonus.
It would be cool to see this kind of tech in Teslas, but I'm honestly leaning more towards maybe a different type of camera. I've said it before, but I think a combination of both a regular camera and something like an IR camera would go a long way to resolving a lot of the issues and limitations Tesla is facing. However, I understand that is a task that is a lot easier said than done, and would likely require retraining of the FSD model to account for the new information. Something that Tesla likely doesn't want to tackle at this stage of FSD's development.
Who knows if we will even see this actually implemented in the cars, but it's nice to know that they are at least working towards a solution. Hopefully one day, we will look back and reminisce about the days that FSD struggled with glare and other camera obstructions. Same way we look back now at where we were just 5 years ago with FSD.