Discuss: Tesla Model 3 Will Finally Get a Front Bumper Camera

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
This is incredibly frustrating for me. I anticipated this issue a long time ago, and considering that I received my refreshed Model 3 in April 2024, I’m confident that I’ll be among those unable to obtain the camera upgrade. Tesla must address these inconsistencies in manufacturing. Following this news, I’m willing to wager that the front bumper camera will be essential for features like smart summoning, auto park, FSD, or a combination of two or more of these. Why they even chose to release the refreshed model 3 without it, is beyond me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: joe_apxc and RNHurt

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
Any more mistakes to make customers even more frustrated and disgruntled? First the stalks, now the bumper camera, in both cases after shouting to loyal customer that we didn't get the point. Sure we didn't get theIR point - and for a reason, arguably.

Between auto-shift weirdnesses and all the autopilot issues, it's like being in a toxic relation with your own car: you try to solve other people's mental issues that you didn't even know it existed.

At least they should offer the retrofit for free. Also to those who don't have the slot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: joe_apxc

joe_apxc

Well-known member
Feb 20, 2024
273
251
63
I get ya. My 2021 M3 is definetly out of Business for smart summon, unsupervised FSD and so on. Why do they bother with the HW4 retrofit even, when it seems to require front bumper camera? Because this is something they seemingly cant retrofit even on some early Highland Models. Pretty sure its impossible for Legacy M3s. If this inconsistency and hardware mess continues, my next ride will definetly not be a Tesla anymore :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: K.I.T.T.