Discuss: Tesla May Soon Add Apple Wallet Car Key Support

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83
Tesla App reveals code for Harmony Wallet Key Card native key support for Huawei phones, while highlighting the lack of Apple/Google Wallet integration.… Read More
 
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Okay, now I see some advantages to using the phone’s built in car key support. Particularly the dead phone battery one!
 
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Honestly, I hope this comes sooner rather than later. I'd love to be able to get rid of the key card in my wallet. It just feels redundant, and if I misplace it, or it gets stolen, I fear that someone could just drive away with my car. I always use pin to drive, but that honestly doesn't feel like enough these days. I wish they would have a month or so focused on updates that improve security more overall. Maybe something like allowing more than 4 numbers as a pin, and other things.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Well-known member
Sep 17, 2022
448
358
63
Kentucky
This sounds really great. I would love to be able to use my phone for a key for my MX.

Unfortunately, it's probably one more thing that won't make it to the "legacy" vehicles. Though in this case I think it might be a hardware limitation rather than motivation. I'm pretty sure the older vehicles don't have the NFC hardware installed at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard