Discuss: Tesla May No Longer Include Key Cards With New Vehicles

wjha

Member
Feb 23, 2024
35
14
8
Germany
Hm a year ago I came to my car. My phone worked fine, but I could not Command my car. No way to open it with the phone, only key card.
In the car I had to delete everything with my phone and re administer.

How should I have done that without the second authentication by the key card?
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
Hm a year ago I came to my car. My phone worked fine, but I could not Commander my MY. No way to open it with the phone, only key card.
In the car I had to delete everything with my phone and re administer.

How should I have done that without the second authentication by the key card?
Yeah, I like having it as a backup as well but haven't experienced what you went through. No luck with phone key but how about just using the app to unlock your car and start it?
Which reminds me- my watch is now a key, but I don't know if that includes starting the car. I should try that somewhere.
Rather than just eliminate them all together just supply them on delivery when requested. At least for a while :)