Discuss: Tesla Launches the Model Y Performance: Improved Power, Range and New 16" Display

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Nifty. Wonder what the specs will be in the US. Seems like a long range stock S is faster 0-60MPH. Those wheels are looking close to the indestructible aftermarket wheels from Unplugged (or maybe someone else). Good to see the screen rez is up, that’s prolly one of those things you don’t appreciate until you see it.
Not to pick nits but I think the range is 10% less, not 1%. From 330 to 300, more or less. I saw some concern about charging curves with higher density batteries, so that’ll be something to watch too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
I’ve always wondered this as well! It would be worth it to buy standard wheels even with aero covers to regain range.
No doubt that would help, but I suspect there’s a little more to the range loss than the wheels. I have seen Plaid Ss with stock wheels on the Tesla site but forget if the rated range showed more than the larger wheels. I want to say it did, but I forget. I just configured a Plaid S and you CAN select the wheels, in fact it defaults to the 19s. You gain 40 miles range with the 19” over the 21” wheels with the S. That’s not nothing, as my mom used to say. I would guess the other cars show similar gains but not quite up to the LR rated ranges. The new S goes from 328 to 368 with the 19” wheels, the LR is now 410 miles EPA rated. 42 miles. AND the LR is still 0-60 in 3.1 seconds!
Now I am having 2026 S LR lust, thanks. :p
 

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
No doubt that would help, but I suspect there’s a little more to the range loss than the wheels. I have seen Plaid Ss with stock wheels on the Tesla site but forget if the rated range showed more than the larger wheels. I want to say it did, but I forget. I just configured a Plaid S and you CAN select the wheels, in fact it defaults to the 19s. You gain 40 miles range with the 19” over the 21” wheels with the S. That’s not nothing, as my mom used to say. I would guess the other cars show similar gains but not quite up to the LR rated ranges. The new S goes from 328 to 368 with the 19” wheels, the LR is now 410 miles EPA rated. 42 miles. AND the LR is still 0-60 in 3.1 seconds!
Now I am having 2026 S LR lust, thanks. :p
Better than nothing. A more comfortable drive overall due to seats, suspension, wheels, but still... incredible that there is no LR "sport" version.
 

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
No doubt that would help, but I suspect there’s a little more to the range loss than the wheels. I have seen Plaid Ss with stock wheels on the Tesla site but forget if the rated range showed more than the larger wheels. I want to say it did, but I forget. I just configured a Plaid S and you CAN select the wheels, in fact it defaults to the 19s. You gain 40 miles range with the 19” over the 21” wheels with the S. That’s not nothing, as my mom used to say. I would guess the other cars show similar gains but not quite up to the LR rated ranges. The new S goes from 328 to 368 with the 19” wheels, the LR is now 410 miles EPA rated. 42 miles. AND the LR is still 0-60 in 3.1 seconds!
Now I am having 2026 S LR lust, thanks. :p
I know the feeling. Every time there is a refresh of something, I always think, “If I do this and trade this in, maybe I can do it 😭.” Then I have to be brought down to earth and realize there are more important things. 😂