Discuss: Tesla Is Adding "Hey, Tesla" Wake Word in China With Spatial Awareness

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
824
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
this is TOTALLY USELESS-CURRENTLY WE press a scroll wheel to activate Grok, now a wake word is required but YOU HAVE TO PRESS THE SCROLL WHEEL to activate voice commands, then say the words "HEY GROK".

The current method (pressing scroll wheel for 2 seconds) IS FASTER !
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I hope when they introduce this wake word, they also allow Grok to control more functions on the car. At least allow me to do more than just navigation, I'd love to be able to control things like climate, interior lights, opening frunk/trunk, etc. I wonder how they will also account for things like people walking up to the car and screaming commands from outside the car. Hopefully it doesn't work like the other assistants (Alexa, Siri, Google) where it can be woken up by something like a radio, podcast, commercial on TV, etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
824
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
KEEP GROK ON WHILE YR IN THE CAR-no wake words, no scroll wheel holding for two seconds, just ON.

-it should GREET YOU BY name, tell U the temp, remind U to buckle up/drive safe........then if U have any questions.....here it is........wait for it.............wait..............J U S T A S K !---NO BUTTONS - NO LAME WAKE WORDS.

If U are the ONLY PERSON in the car and U ASK a QUESTION OUT LOUD--I'm betting on that you are in fact talking at Grok-so why exactly do i need a WAKE word.

Almost like ummmm oh I don't know..........as if U were talking to a HUMAN. A person DOES NOT need to be poked at & given a wake word to be asked a question..........U JUST ASK ?. Code techs-make a note-redundancies DONT always make things better.