Discuss: Tesla Introduces New Solar Panels With Improved Efficiency and Appearance

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
The part about cost is the most relevant to me. I live in Florida, so when a strong storm or hurricane rolls through, it would be an amazing thing to have. I already have your typical gas generator, but it's noisy, needs maintenance, doesn't supply much power, needs fuel, etc. If I could replace that with a solar + battery combo that not only helps during those instances but can also reduce my power bill, you can bet I would buy it. However, the current systems are just far too expensive, and the cost offset would take years in my situation. It's basically like buying a second or third car, but the benefits of which you don't see until you actually need it, or its cost is finally offset by the amount of money you save.