Discuss: Tesla Introduces Model 3 Turn Signal Stalk Retrofit

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
Sooo... they screwed up big time by removing them. Saying that we - having made the purchase unaware of the nonsense - did not understand the "innovation". They proved us right by reintroducing at least the left stalk, however stupidly downgraded. Now they want us to pay for this crippled retrofit?
 
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Sooo... they screwed up big time by removing them. Saying that we - having made the purchase unaware of the nonsense - did not understand the "innovation". They proved us right by reintroducing at least the left stalk, however stupidly downgraded. Now they want us to pay for this crippled retrofit?
To be fair, while I agree with your sentiment, and I think it is outrageous that they just removed it entirely without even so much as having an option to have it or not. I personally prefer the stalkless design, but then again, I live in a major city in the US where it feels much more natural and easy to use. But I am glad that they are reverting the change or at least making it an option.
 

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
The point is that they should retrofit for free. Also, I actually miss more the right stalk than the left - considering that the flashing isn't part of the retrofit anyway. Auto shift just sucks.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
The point is that they should retrofit for free. Also, I actually miss more the right stalk than the left - considering that the flashing isn't part of the retrofit anyway. Auto shift just sucks.
I have to disagree. A lot of people bought it knowing that it didn't have stalks, and you can definitely make the argument of “how were they supposed to know that Tesla would release a new version with the stalk?”, and on that end I agree, that the communication there is an issue. But retrofitting that to all the cars they have already sold would cost a ton of money, and man-hours. And they aren't exactly in a position right now (with losing profits) to do that.