Discuss: Tesla Introduces Emergency Supercharger Breakaway Feature

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,453
408
83
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Well-known member
Sep 17, 2022
450
359
63
Kentucky
While I like the initiative from Tesla, I'm doubting the need. Like @TESLASUPERFAN I don't think I've ever heard of an actual incident that would cause someone to flee a supercharging session. There might possibly be some circumstance at some point in the future where this feature might help, but that's a whole lot of speculation. I guess it's better safe than sorry and as long as this feature doesn't cause other problems it's a win for safety.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
763
752
93
Here are some instances. I'm not saying it happens all the time, but there are certainly situations where a feature like this would have been helpful. Keep in mind that it doesn't have to involve someone literally shooting at your car. It could be something like an EV charger next to you, the charger itself, a nearby building, or other things such as a tree catching fire. It might even be a car‑jacking attempt or something similar. The point is that this is one of those features you hope you never need, but if you ever do need it, you'll be glad it exists. The majority of people will likely never need to use it, and that is a good thing, but we shouldn't say that it isn't needed or that it is a useless feature.