Discuss: Tesla Introduces Early Eyes-Off Feature; Allows to Text and Drive

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
830
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
Tesla already has text to speech that announces your messages and U can response verbally with a press of the left scroll wheel, so I'm not sure what exactly is the all the hype.

U can still get a ticket from the police for distracted driving while FSD engaged. Surely there are more important tasks (besides FSD data collections) the Tesla techs could work on. EXAMPLE: unreal engine for ALL TESLAS, X-MAS UPDATE, Grok intergration-who can read and announce your texts, etc, etc
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
The article pretty much covers this perfectly. I cannot fathom why Tesla would “enable” this now, especially while they are under such scrutiny already by multiple government agencies. The fact that they haven’t even removed safety drivers or even take any form of liability should speak volumes about their confidence levels or FSD’s capabilities. All I know is, until the day Tesla takes some form of responsibility or at minimum removes safety monitors from their other vehicles, I will continue to treat FSD as if it was still in the early beta days. It really is Tesla that hurts its own image sometimes.