Discuss: Tesla Insurance Filing Hints at Upcoming States, Suggests Tennessee is Next

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Honestly, I wonder what that process looks like to get insurance approved in certain states and why they had a 3-year-long pause.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
So, is Tesla insurance worth it? Is it that much cheaper than "traditional" insurance? Especially if you get discounts for having your home and other vehicles on the same policy?
That is honestly a great question that I would love the answer to. I wouldn't mind switching over to Tesla insurance, but only if it meant the rate is meaningfully less expensive than having both auto and home insurance under one policy with my current provider. Or if they can provide a similar rate with more coverage, that would also be enticing.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Huh, now a company called Lemonade is getting in on the Tesla insurance gig? I’ve seen a couple reports, sounds like they are still a separate insurance company but gaining access to FSD info? I’m sure NATA will have an article explaining this better than I currently understand it :) .
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal