Discuss: Tesla FSD Learns to Slow Down for Police [VIDEO]

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
As long as it is learning the GOOD human Habits!
Even better- I’ve seen behavior where the car will switch to the left lane when a car is parked on the right shoulder close to the lane. When there’s a car parked off to the right but further off the road (with plenty of room for someone to pop out of the stopped car and not be close to the lane of travel) it doesn’t bother. These little details will save lives. Oh, and bikes / scooters too, it’ll give them space when available.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
I see this as both a good and bad thing, and I would imagine that they filter out the bad behaviors. But one thing that was mentioned in a video I saw recently of someone on the early access program for FSD 14.3.3 is that the car no longer understands drive-thrus at all. This is in contrast to it somewhat understanding that it needed to stop at windows and such, even though it wasn't a listed feature that was actively implemented. It's almost like FSD "forgot" that is what it is supposed to do at drive-thrus.

What I mean by this is that while it's cool that it does this, unless it is a feature that is being actively worked on or mentioned, I wouldn't count on it sticking around. It seems that whenever they retrain the model or there is a major update change, it forgets some of the old learned behaviors.