Discuss: Tesla FSD’s 10x Parameter Update: Many New Features; Release in September

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
Tesla's new 10x FSD model is coming in September, promising to tackle potholes, parking lots, and more. A deep dive into the tech, new features, and timeline.… Read More
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I am usually a glass half full type of person, but when it comes to Tesla and their timelines or promises, I can't help being a skeptic. If Elon is saying end of September, I am imagining more November to December if we're lucky. Same with the upcoming features. We've had the current list of upcoming features for a few months already, with 0 mention if or when they would be implemented. They prioritized working on Robotaxi so much that they left regular customers on the back burner for months, and are, as of more recent news also leaving hardware 3 owners in limbo for even longer than previously thought. All I'm saying is, I'm most definitely not holding my breath, and as far as the features are concerned, I'll believe it when I see it.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
I hear ya! I won't hold my breath and can't wait all at the same time.
Something happened where this 10x build is replacing the 4x one mentioned earlier. At this point I wonder what will happen first- monsoon rain returning to the entire AZ state or the next FSD release. We have had some rain this summer, so Tesla is behind :)
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I hear ya! I won't hold my breath and can't wait all at the same time.
Something happened where this 10x build is replacing the 4x one mentioned earlier. At this point I wonder what will happen first- monsoon rain returning to the entire AZ state or the next FSD release. We have had some rain this summer, so Tesla is behind :)
I don't doubt that it will be better than what we currently have, my doubts are more about how drastic the difference will be, and how many of the features are going to be implemented. I think FSD is at a point now where each newer version won't be the drastic improvements we have seen in the past, and instead it will be improved in very specific areas and new features being added. However, how quickly those new features will be added is anyone's guess. My main hope is that they don't raise the price of FSD, and that they are able to introduce unsupervised FSD at a low enough cost that it makes sense to actually use. What is the point of having unsupervised FSD if it costs $300 a month, for example. Add to that if they make it to where unsupervised FSD has more or better features than supervised FSD just to justify the extra price increase. I think FSD should be easily and widely accessible (not free), especially with the major benefits it has in safety and for those that could benefit from having essentially a robot drive them around, like disabled or elderly users.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt and joe_apxc

RNHurt

Well-known member
Sep 17, 2022
450
359
63
Kentucky
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
Well, I'm not holding my breath on FSD getting better anytime soon. Telsa just shut down DOJO and the person that was running it has left the company.
I wouldn't be too worried about that development. From reading a few articles talking about the same topic, it just seems as though Tesla is shifting more focus to its Cortex supercomputer cluster and leaning more on external partners for chip manufacturing. Keep in mind that Dojo wasn't just for training FSD, it was also for making its own in house chips. From the articles, it seems as though they are now relying more on companies like NVIDIA, AMD, Samsung, and TSMC to make their chips and expand their supercomputer clusters. After all, they did label themselves as an AI company so it would make sense that they aren't going to stop developing their AI capabilities, which FSD now relies on for training. If anything this might mean that FSD might actually become better seeing as their Cortex cluster is more powerful or just as powerful as their Dojo cluster.
 

RNHurt

Well-known member
Sep 17, 2022
450
359
63
Kentucky
If anything this might mean that FSD might actually become better seeing as their Cortex cluster is more powerful or just as powerful as their Dojo cluster.
I would love to share your optimism, but given the CEO promises over the past 10+ years and his activities at DOGE over the past 6 months my level of hope is pretty low. Additionally, DOJO was such a big deal just a year ago and Tesla crowed about it at every opportunity. If it was being replaced by something better I would have expected more official news that highlighted that fact.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I believe that Cortex is probably the future, it's just a bad look when everyone associated with a core piece of your company leaves and that division is shut down without any explanation. 🤷‍♂️
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I would love to share your optimism, but given the CEO promises over the past 10+ years and his activities at DOGE over the past 6 months my level of hope is pretty low. Additionally, DOJO was such a big deal just a year ago and Tesla crowed about it at every opportunity. If it was being replaced by something better I would have expected more official news that highlighted that fact.

I'm not saying you're wrong, and I believe that Cortex is probably the future, it's just a bad look when everyone associated with a core piece of your company leaves and that division is shut down without any explanation. 🤷‍♂️
I think you are right to be skeptical about the news, and especially the employees leaving. I agree that it is strange that this is happening without much information coming from Tesla, but I imagine that they will be addressing it soon or at least mention it in their next quarterly meeting. However, I still think that this won't really affect FSD much, and probably has to do more with cutting costs in anticipation of losing the government funding they have been receiving. It begs the question, just how much was this costing Tesla that they are now shrinking or shutting down that entire branch of their business. And how will this impact future hardware versions for their vehicles from a consumer standpoint.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RNHurt