Discuss: Tesla Finally Reveals How Many Owners Are Buying FSD

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
765
755
93
Honestly, I am kind of shocked that the Model 3 & Y uptake is so low, even if it is steadily increasing. I'd wager to say that it isn't only because of its performance and improvements over the last year and a half, but also due to its cost. Maybe some people don't even know that there is a subscription option.
 

Russellp

New member
Feb 24, 2025
8
9
3
I have a HW3 MY. I purchased the FSD in anticipation of the full self driving that was suggested. It took over a year before the FSD and other features such as Summon and self park were working at any level that would be acceptable. Now the HW3 is stuck on version 12.6.4 and probably won’t improve without some kind of hardware upgrade. I am still thinking of purchasing a new model S which comes with the FSD in its LUXE package. So, if I trade in my MY, I will lose the investment value of its FSD. I very disappointed that it is not transferable to the new MS. I was hoping that Tesla would recognize this problem and give a little better Loyalty discount for the new car. It doesn’t look like it will happen before I decide the pull the trigger on the new MS. This is a bit frustrating…
 

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
I have a HW3 MY. I purchased the FSD in anticipation of the full self driving that was suggested. It took over a year before the FSD and other features such as Summon and self park were working at any level that would be acceptable. Now the HW3 is stuck on version 12.6.4 and probably won’t improve without some kind of hardware upgrade. I am still thinking of purchasing a new model S which comes with the FSD in its LUXE package. So, if I trade in my MY, I will lose the investment value of its FSD. I very disappointed that it is not transferable to the new MS. I was hoping that Tesla would recognize this problem and give a little better Loyalty discount for the new car. It doesn’t look like it will happen before I decide the pull the trigger on the new MS. This is a bit frustrating…
Now I am very curious…. What are the specs you’re looking at for the MS? 😜