Discuss: Tesla Eyes $20K Price Target For Optimus, Extremely Fast Production Ramp

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
So we are for SURE that Tesla wants to sell this robot at $20k? I ask because I heard someone refer to the ‘cost of goods’ as $20k and to me that’s the cost to make the thing, not the price you sell it for. Up until that point I thought it was supposed to sell for $20k as well, and there’s other companies (or company) already aiming for the $20k retail price.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
765
755
93
I think in the shareholder's meeting (and maybe the call as well) they mentioned that is the target price. But they also added a very important comment about it which was “assuming mass production”.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
Good luck selling this $20k robot to general public.....
I'm still on the edge of getting a $200 Roomba robot vacuum cleaner !!!
And Tesla's goal is to produce 1 million Optimus robots per year by 2030.
if Optimus proves to be valuable, i agree it most likely will not sell well for the general consumer, even though Tesla seems to market it that way. the real selling point will be for companies looking to resolve persistent labor needs.

most people don't need a maid, butler, or errand-runner; they can simply do those tasks themselves. however, companies will forever need workers. if they can pay $20,000 one time for a robot that can learn a specific task and perform it repeatedly afterward, that investment would be incredibly worthwhile for them. if Tesla wants Optimus to be successful i think they would benefit from marketing from that side as well doing. also, they would probably achieve their goal of producing 1 million units faster, given that companies with established factories require a large workforce.