Discuss: Tesla Enables Dashcam Clip Encryption in Update 2026.20

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
I can see the need for this but also lament the loss of simplicity. Probably should figure this out before we need to retrieve files.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
I can see the need for this but also lament the loss of simplicity. Probably should figure this out before we need to retrieve files.
Agreed, I wish it would prompt you for a password or something on the vehicle display and then prompt for that password again if you try to connect it to a desktop or phone to download the footage. Having to go to a website to get the videos off the drive seems like a rushed design and a lot more annoying than it should be.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard