After watching this
video from Tesla Raj, I'm actually fairly optimistic that we (legacy owners) will get some version of v14. That's good, because v12 (at least the .6.4 version) is not good, especially on open highways. Anyway, according to Raj they are stripping down the large v14 so that it fits into the HW3 hardware, which seems to be consistent with what Tesla has said before. What I'm not so sure about is the date that they say it will be released (late June). We'll see.
What got me really excited though is the possibility of upgrading the HW3 to HW4 (or something similar). While having a more advanced FSD is certainly welcome, the prospect of having more, usable mundane features makes me giddy. Things like better parking, ASS, or even traffic light icons or weather on the map would be most appreciated. And if we got large text mode I would be over the moon. Actually, I might purchase the upgrade just for a more readable screen no matter the cost (well, within reason).
I love my MX and want to drive it forever, but the software is really letting me down lately. Sure, it's functional but there are so many more things that could be done with it and it seems as though Tesla has abandoned us. I'm crossing my fingers for a HW4 upgrade but I'm not holding my breath.