Discuss: Tesla CarPlay: Tesla Working With Apple on Better Integration

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Well that’s something. I saw the same report on 9to5Mac or some other Apple site so something is happening.
I look forward to this, does anyone here know how / if this affects the Apple Podcasts and Music apps already in the car?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Well that’s something. I saw the same report on 9to5Mac or some other Apple site so something is happening.
I look forward to this, does anyone here know how / if this affects the Apple Podcasts and Music apps already in the car?
I would imagine that if you are using Apple CarPlay, it would "override" the built-in Tesla versions. I really don't use Apple Music personally (I prefer Spotify), and I use Apple Podcasts, but through Bluetooth on my phone. Personally, I can't see myself using Apple CarPlay, but that isn't a reason they shouldn't add it. I'm sure some people would use it, and the apps will undoubtedly work better than the Tesla versions. If only they would partner like this with more companies to get more native apps or better versions of the built-in apps. Imagine if they had their own app store where you could pick and choose what apps you want instead of having to disable/enable them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard