Discuss: Tesla Adds Vehicle-to-Load (V2L) Capabilities to Model Y L in Software Update

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
This sounds nice, any idea how many people will take advantage of it? I could run my espresso machine at a camp site for a while, not sure if I'd have enough battery to get back to civilization. The whole house back up sounds great! I'd leave the car plugged in all the time like I'm supposed to do now but don't. Then again, what does that cable look like? Pretty stout for sure.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
Honestly, the only really time I can see this being useful to me personally is in the case of an emergency where there is no other option. It just doesn't supply enough power to be useful enough to power anything meaningful in my home for more than a couple of hours at most. And by that time power is usually restored by that point since I live close to important infrastructure (hospital, airport, school, etc.). It would be a cool feature to have in case you need it, or if it is actually useful to you, though. I would much rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it, if that makes sense.

Ideally, I would love to see Tesla bring in a cheaper version of solar roofs. Now THAT would be a game changer! Especially down here in Florida, where it would pay for itself in almost no time.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard