Discuss: Tesla’s Wireless Phone Chargers: A Hardware and Software Wishlist

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
Tesla’s wireless chargers are notorious for overheating phones. We analyze the problem, the China-market fix (Model Y L), and the software updates we need now… Read More
 

acmem

Member
Mar 27, 2024
42
33
18
I have no facts to back this up, but it seems that Mr Musk signed a contract with China that included exclusivity for that country to receive the latest innovations in Tesla vehicles plus getting the latest vehicles first before anyone else.

I’m not complaining, just a simple observation based on numerous articles over the years. Maybe a little strange, when u consider Tesla to be a USA company.

I know most companies cater to the market they are penetrating, which is smart, but some things seem obvious implementations for both markets.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
I have no facts to back this up, but it seems that Mr Musk signed a contract with China that included exclusivity for that country to receive the latest innovations in Tesla vehicles plus getting the latest vehicles first before anyone else.

I’m not complaining, just a simple observation based on numerous articles over the years. Maybe a little strange, when u consider Tesla to be a USA company.

I know most companies cater to the market they are penetrating, which is smart, but some things seem obvious implementations for both markets.
Yeah, or there’s some kind of patent that Tesla would have to pay to use the cooling for the phones.
In case this helps someone - Best Buy has a $15 or so MagSafe USB C pad, I keep it plugged in the center console and just lay it out on the car’s pad when I need it. The iPhone 17Pro has a substantial camera bump that doesn’t help things, and I added a big pink case on it so my phone only reliably charges on the car’s pad upside down. Using the Best Buy charger looks sloppy but works fine.