Discuss: Tesla’s New Battery Tips: Regular Supercharging Is a No-Go

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
When I first got my Model 3, I immediately went to do some surface-level research on how to prolong the HV battery's life. So since day one of owning my Model 3, I've only ever really used superchargers on trips, only charged to 55% (more than enough for my daily use), always kept it plugged in even if it was not charging, and done small short charge cycles rather than long/deep charge cycles. The only downside to this has been that my range display is off by a few miles (shows lower than it is supposed to be). But I only have about 3% degradation after 30,000 miles in just under 2 years.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Was there anything new in that list that I missed? Maybe new in that Telsa hadn’t mentioned them all before? Seems like pretty standard stuff. I’ve been setting my car to 50% at home and plugging in every day, not sure where I picked up the 50% is better than 80% mentality but here I am. What it ACTUALLY has done is reminded me that I really don’t need even 50% daily! I do appreciate the big battery on longer trips.
So I guess we BOTH get gold stars. :)
Now, if the car was also a back up for the house or was going to provide some other V2L then I’d be at 80% all the time no doubt.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal