Discuss: Tesla’s FSD Streaks Are Gamifying FSD and Encouraging Risky Behavior [Opinion]

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83

stourwalk

New member
May 20, 2026
3
2
1
I agree that the Streak is potentially dangerous and also misleading, where FSD is incapable of parking in the right place, or getting into gated communities, it's impossible actually get a streak. If it just told me the *daily* % on FSD and implied >90% was "Great" for example that wouldn't prevent drivers taking over when necessary rather than leaving it till too late as you would still get a positive rating. I'd take just a total FSD miles today counter - that's something that doesn't penalize drivers for taking over when FSD is making wrong decisions
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
Just watched DIrty Tesla video on the dot dot dot update to 14.3.3 and he talked about streaks. He specifically pointed out how to defeat (my word) the streak interruption logic by doing things like taking off your seatbelt. I wonder if you could just hit the button to end the drive?
There was a point where the latest version was going to go the wrong way on a parking lot street, exactly the kind of thing that someone might let SFSD do in order to NOT interrupt a streak.

Of course there are NO REAL rewards for having a streak so I guess that’s something. I like the idea that stourwalk mentioned. Maybe an app notification in the morning when you wake up or before you go to bed giving that kind of feedback would be an idea.

I’m still at 99% since 14.2.something and prolly will always be at 99% :) . I can’t wait for Tesla insurance to give me a quote in the app based on my stats!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal