Discuss: Tesla’s Dry Cathode Breakthrough Could Drastically Reduce Battery Costs

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
IIRC there were even more benefits beyond cost, wasn’t safety and charging speed better? Maybe I’m hoping.
Regardless, I look forward to seeing the 4680 finally live up to the potential we were given years ago.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
While this is cool, I feel it is only now starting to show its benefits at a time when other companies are making major breakthroughs in other aspects that make batteries not only last longer but also charge faster, have higher energy density, and be overall safer. Personally, I think that solid-state batteries are still the holy grail if they live up to what was promised, but I don't think I've seen any viable commercial application in electric cars yet.
 
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard