A lot of time has passed since I drove patrol cars for a living. Not sure I’d WANT a CT for a patrol vehicle, but then I haven’t driven one myself. That said- I think the CT or really ANY Tesla could make a great pool car, crime scene / investigator vehicle. Particularly if the PD has charging available. Most of the travel we did for training was in the range of superchargers easily. Thing is - it will take longer to get somewhere if you have a few SC stops Vs an ICE vehicle and that costs $$.
The reason I am skeptical for using any Tesla as a patrol car - adding light bars, ‘cages’, bumper bars, etc will really add up to sapping range. Add to that the way most patrol officers drive and range will plummet which will only lead to complaints. Flip side of this - if Tesla has PD specific apps that can be added to the in car screen that could be very nice. Instead of installing a mobile data terminal (or whatever they’re called these days) you could just add a keyboard! How about a PD package with web apps that work with your dispatch software and some supercharging discounts?
I still think the best application would be as pool and investigation vehicles! I see the CT used by Tesla techs working on superchargers, another perfect application

. Maybe it breaks my heart thinking of how any Tesla could be abused the way patrol cars are treated.