Discuss: NHTSA Expands Probe Into Tesla FSD's Low-Vision Performance

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
I wonder what the implication would be and the resolution if they find that the software or cameras aren't up to snuff for poor visibility conditions. Would this mean an OTA software update to have better warnings? Would it mean more limitations in those scenarios? Would it be a recall potentially requiring hardware changes?

I just hope that whatever it is, we don't have to end up getting FSD limited due to poor weather or sun glare. As I've said before, I live in South Florida, and I've been stunned at just how well FSD handles everything from sun glare to fog and heavy rain. So much so that I actually often trust it more than myself in those conditions due to its faster reaction time and its ability to see 360 degrees around the car, along with being able to control tire slip a lot better than me as well.