Discuss: New Teslas No Longer Come With Autopilot, Now Only Include Cruise Control

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
This feel icky. That said- something should replace this, like EAP used to do.
Also- The luxe package includes 'Full Self Driving (Supervised)' so I don't expect to get Unsupervised FSD without added $$ when it is available.
 

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
now there is a gap they have created—it's either nothing or everything. i feel like Tesla needs a marketing team. they want people to subscribe to this service, but if i was a normie looking to buy a car and saw 99 extra a month, i would just move on with life. they need a marketing team to get people to look past the price to the best of their ability and understand why FSD is worth it to them and what it actually does for their lives.


and instead of just posting on Twitter about FSD, they need to reach out to people. if they are really committed to selling FSD and showing what an amazing technology it is, then put it on billboards or something—ANYTHING at this point to get the word out there. right now, it feels like they are primarily focusing their social media efforts on Twitter, which basically means they are just preaching to a choir. they need to reach people who aren't already following every move Elon/Tesla makes if they really want to hit those massive subscription goals.


if they are going to take all this stuff away and lean into FSD, then lean into it hard. why are we still just sitting here waiting for subscribers to come? go to them and pitch your product. you can't just expect the general public to understand the value of an autonomous system by reading a few tweets. they need to be shown why this is the future, or they'll just see it as another monthly expense they don't need. i don’t know, maybe i just find it annoying that they are doing this stuff to get more FSD subs but in reality not doing much at all accept take away from the experience. but that’s just what i think.
 

VoodooPriest

Active member
Nov 26, 2022
126
181
43
Bye Bye Auto PI-this will be the day the free things died.
This is concerning. I bought FSD when I bought the car, so presumably, I'll continue to have it, though I'm stuck on 12.6.4 because of HW3. But they could paywall other tablestakes features that I enjoy. It's at the far end of the spectrum, but in theory, they could slap a fee on streaming Apple Music directly, on top of the fee I pay Apple each month for Apple Music. It's absurd, but they could paywall the auto-climate control. Of course, there would be backlash if it were more than a video game (which I've never touched in 4 years), but you catch my drift. If they begin pulling that nonsense, I'm out. If I can't ensure some stability of features, or something could vanish the next time I receive an update, I'm not receiving my money's worth from the car. I understand they change features in this manner today, but they are usually not important features, and they're not adding subscriptions. Time will tell.
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
768
92
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
HW3 and UFSD will never be able to sit in back seat-u will be waiting for life.

Realistic option-wait til hw5 vehicle arrives: then yr safe but u have a subscription for life.

Hope hw3’s get retro-fit that’s compatible with UFSD.

Buy a HW4 car now, buy FSD now……should be safe-save a ton of cash.

Buy another brand: BYD Last option.