Discuss: Musk Updates Tesla's FSD V14 Roadmap, Sets Timelines for V14.2 and V14.3

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
With FSD V14.1 rolling out, Elon Musk has revealed a multi-stage roadmap for V14.2 and a sentient V14.3, both expected in the coming weeks pending safety tests.… Read More
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,096
826
113
This build looks promising. Has anyone noticed that a few V14 videos came out and then nothing? I was expecting a bunch more today but not really seeing any yet. Chuck Cook tried to test left turns this morning and did put up a video but not much else. I say 'tried' because traffic was not as busy as he was hoping for the tests.
I'd LOVE to see the .2 come out quickly, that would show the process has accelerated.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
This build looks promising. Has anyone noticed that a few V14 videos came out and then nothing? I was expecting a bunch more today but not really seeing any yet. Chuck Cook tried to test left turns this morning and did put up a video but not much else. I say 'tried' because traffic was not as busy as he was hoping for the tests.
I'd LOVE to see the .2 come out quickly, that would show the process has accelerated.
I think what we are seeing is they are trying to find new and interesting scenarios to test it in. Chuck Cook's video is a great example of this, where his videos are great and an in depth overview of new releases, but they are becoming somewhat boring and repetitive. FSD has been able to complete the majority of his tests pretty easily for a while now, albeit sometimes not without some minor issues along the way. Maybe the influencers we usually see are realizing this, and are now shifting to try new things, because it's clear that the regular driving part of FSD is already solid. It's the edge cases and previously missing aspects or shortcomings that really need the focusing now. For example, I'd like to see more videos of how it handles school buses and active school zones and how does it deal with multi-level parking garages, and so on. But a lot of these scenarios aren't very easy to create, and you kind of have to rely on them happening naturally (at least as far as edge cases are concerned).