Discuss: Musk Live Steams FSD V12, Showcasing Massive Improvements [Video]

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
The challenges and breakthroughs of Tesla's Full Self-Driving Version 12, as Elon Musk demonstrates its human-like driving capabilities and the real-world probl… Read More

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
A few things- I’ve read there was a disengagement at a red light that was discussed as a regression. That’s part of the beta process I know but not mentioning it seems wrong. Second- the whole thing about the reality of how human drivers actually drive vs what the law says has always intrigued me. Now FSD and no doubt other automated driver systems are being held to a higher standard than we are. They’re basically held to the standard we had when we were taking the driving part of the drivers license test. I am surprised NHTSA allows ANY kind of offset (% or otherwise) for speed limits as 1 MPH over is 1 MPH over. Something should give there, I don’t know what / who but making these driving systems drive at a higher technical standard is dumb unless you can show it = safer. I don’t think it does for FSD, I DO think it does for human drivers. A human rolling a stop is probably a whole lot more likely to wreck than FSD because we get distracted. Thirdly- wow, I don’t understand the tech but having a smaller amount of code do better is always amazing / good. Lastly- can’t wait for this latest distribution of FSDb to mellow out, 11.3.6 is still going out? Is it me or did the total pool of cars drop to ~ 8k and is back to 16k? I’ll happily wait for a substantial upgrade from 11.4.4, but I’d also like to get onto a newer build of the rest of the car’s software. Exciting times indeed!

Reactions: Not a Tesla App