Discuss: Latest Tesla FSD Beta v11.3.4 Starts Going Out to Employees

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
The latest advancements in Tesla's Full Self-Driving (FSD) system with the rollout of FSD Beta v11.3.4, featuring new improvements and features that bring auton… Read More

dm33

Mar 31, 2023
What is the relationship between FSD and autopilot? Is it included in all cars and just disabled or is it separate software sent to cars with FSD vs. not.
Will FSD improvements affect autopilot at all or are they not making any improvements to autopilot?

GargantulaKon

Sep 10, 2022
What is the relationship between FSD and autopilot? Is it included in all cars and just disabled or is it separate software sent to cars with FSD vs. not.
Will FSD improvements affect autopilot at all or are they not making any improvements to autopilot?

The way I understand it is that FSD is the highest form of autopilot. All Tesla cars have the ability to do it, but it's disabled. If you bought FSD and have signed up for the FSD beta, then a separate software version is sent to your car. As far as I know only some changes for FSD improve the basic autopilot. In the future, I'm thinking they may replace the older autopilot code with the newer FSD code, but without all the features of FSD.

All Tesla cars come with basic autopilot to keep the car centered between lanes with adaptive cruise control.

You can pay for enhanced autopilot which includes these features:

• Navigate on Autopilot
  • Auto Lane Change
  • Autopark
  • Summon
  • Smart Summon
If you pay for FSD, then you get every single autopilot feature plus be able for the car to navigate city streets on it's own, but you still have to pay attention in case it makes a mistake.

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
And now we have 11.3.5 soon after 11.3.4. I wonder what issue was discovered and fixed so quickly.
Yes, that is odd. Can’t be too bad though, one time Tesla recalled an update (for lack of a better term). I forget which one it was but right after I installed it my car started installing the previous version as something was potentially bad in the newest version. This was a few years ago. If 11.3.4 isn’t getting replaced like that how bad can it be? Just weird.

Then there’s the fact that it’s 4/1 ... Gotta be careful today. Saw a headline saying NYC banned EVs due to battery fires For example.

jhodgesatmb

Mar 23, 2023
And now we have 11.3.5 soon after 11.3.4. I wonder what issue was discovered and fixed so quickly.
Apparently whatever was discovered in 11.3.4 was not fixed in 11.3.5 as both have stalled on installations. We were never invited to install 11.3.4 on the Model Y and are still on 10.69.25.1 on the Model 3. I wonder when the next wide release version will be.

Reactions: Charged23

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
No idea what's next, it is strange that .5 is stopped at 1% and .4 is only in the double digits daily lately.
FWIW- there is one .5 video on You Tube as of today. We have 11.3.4 on a 3 and a Y. Around town it is smoother, stops at stop signs in a way that's obvious when it stopped for other drivers to gauge who goes next but it was timid about taking its turn once when we had a couple other cars arriving just after us at their stop signs. We're getting fewer unnecessary turn signals on twisty roads, at least I can pop it out of of FSDb and report it. Still some really strange and unnecessary lane choices on two lane roads. Some detrimental choices too, like trying to get into a right lane approaching a left turn.
This isn't my video, the one of 11.3.5 -

Hagg6

Oct 6, 2022
Another undocumented change with 11.3.4 (possibly other 11.3.x) is that Tesla finally fixed the bug with USB audio not remembering what was playing from one use of the car to the next. This was after being broken literally for years.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
11.3.6 is going out, some videos up already. Seems like a small step up as is indicated by the .6 .

I'm REALLY curious how much the audio feedback stuff helps. Since I drive the same streets a lot I'm reluctant to report the same error more than twice but I can see where even that is 2x as much data than is needed.

Reactions: Cob37Jam