Discuss: Is a New Santa Mode Coming in the Tesla 2025 Holiday Update?

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
Have we reached the point that besides FSD this is all we can expect from updates?

I'm running 2025.38.9 and the last "feature" worth mentioning on my Highland was Low-Power Mode in 2025.32*.

Yay.

*Not to mention the Airbag "Improvement" which makes my wife so invisible to the cabin radar that it depends on how the weight sensor picks her position to be recognized.
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Certainly not, but I think their main focus right now is FSD, after all they do want to make that their biggest product. Assuming they can get more approvals globally, they can certainly gain a lot of profit from FSD subscriptions and purchases.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

K.I.T.T.

Well-known member
Mar 26, 2024
501
339
63
Italy
That's pretty well understood, however it looks like a déjà vu about when they were distracted by the development of the CyberSh*t. After all, it's not that the car is so perfect that all we need are improved lightshows, Tron and new Santa Claus modes.

Some balance is required, after all they are no longer a startup.

Besides approvals, is there really so much demand for FSD - globally? I mean, that's a genuine curiosity of mine: after the novelty effect has passed, do you really use FSD every day, every single drive? You never get bored of it?

I'm looking at it from a pilot's perspective: we already have that kind of automation, from after takeoff to full stop autoland in no visibility conditions. Yet, we disconnect it as often as possible, to maintain dexterity and ability to control it ourselves. Not just to be ready "in case of" failures (more frequent than one would imagine), but also because we really want to be proficient at it.
 

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
Besides approvals, is there really so much demand for FSD - globally? I mean, that's a genuine curiosity of mine: after the novelty effect has passed, do you really use FSD every day, every single drive? You never get bored of it?
i genuinely use FSD every single day, and i never get exhausted from watching it drive. every day it still feels unreal, and my commute might be one of my favorite parts of my days because i get a chance to use it. the novelty hasn’t stopped for me yet, and i don’t think it will for a long while. I genuinely use FSD every single day, and I never get exhausted from watching it drive. Every day it still feels unreal, and my commute might be one of my favorite parts of my days because I get a chance to use it. The novelty hasn’t stopped for me yet, and I don’t think it will for a long while. every time there is an update, i run to YouTube and wait anxiously for the next update.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Well-known member
Oct 17, 2023
296
275
63
California
Some balance is required, after all they are no longer a startup.
I do agree that they should have some balance because they are not a start-up; they are a trillion-dollar company. why can’t they hire more people, one to focus on features/UI and the other on FSD? it can’t be this hard to get more people to focus on certain things.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
That's pretty well understood, however it looks like a déjà vu about when they were distracted by the development of the CyberSh*t. After all, it's not that the car is so perfect that all we need are improved lightshows, Tron and new Santa Claus modes.

Some balance is required, after all they are no longer a startup.

Besides approvals, is there really so much demand for FSD - globally? I mean, that's a genuine curiosity of mine: after the novelty effect has passed, do you really use FSD every day, every single drive? You never get bored of it?

I'm looking at it from a pilot's perspective: we already have that kind of automation, from after takeoff to full stop autoland in no visibility conditions. Yet, we disconnect it as often as possible, to maintain dexterity and ability to control it ourselves. Not just to be ready "in case of" failures (more frequent than one would imagine), but also because we really want to be proficient at it.
Personally, I use FSD every day, usually for most of my driving. The only times I turn it off are when it takes a route I don’t prefer or when it struggles near the end of a trip. I also recognize that not everyone wants the same experience—some people simply prefer to drive themselves, and there’s nothing wrong with that. As for why Tesla doesn’t release certain requested features more frequently, I don’t know the exact reason. But the lack of a traditional PR department definitely makes communication and expectations harder for everyone.

Tesla clearly has many features and improvements in development, but like any software company, they prioritize their roadmap based on internal goals. Paid features, like FSD, naturally get dedicated attention because they’re tied to a specific product offering. And it’s also true that Tesla sometimes makes decisions that feel aligned with their internal strategy more than customer requests. Their leadership—especially Elon—often makes ambitious statements publicly, which can create confusion when timelines or priorities shift.

I genuinely hope FSD becomes approved or supported in more regions, including parts of Europe, where regulations still restrict the system. Regardless, FSD has changed the way I think about driving and transportation, and owning a Tesla does feel like being part of where the industry is headed. I understand that some owners feel disappointed or left behind, but even without future updates, the cars themselves remain efficient, enjoyable to drive, and feature-rich compared to many alternatives. Tesla helped push EVs into the mainstream, and they influenced the industry to include more tech and convenience features at lower price points.

Before owning a Tesla, features like heated seats, cooled seats, or advanced driver-assistance systems were typically locked behind higher trim levels on many brands—Acura included (my previous car). Over time, more automakers have started including previously “premium only” features as standard or more widely available, and Tesla played a role in pushing that trend. Even integrated dashcam and sentry-style camera recording—once almost unheard of—has become more common as other companies adopt similar ideas.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
On a side note. While I dislike all the issues that the Cybertruck has had, and likely still has. I do like it overall. I think it's because it's so different that it appeals to me. Not only that, but I sat and test drove one over a weekend using Turo, and it was honestly a lot nicer of an experience than I would have thought. It feels almost like a bigger version of a Model X, and the interior space is honestly fantastic. It gives me hope that they do plan on releasing an SUV version of it in the future. I think that would be very popular, at least in the US.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ALIEN SUPERSTAR