Discuss: From FSD Beta 12.3 to v13? Musk Signals Major Jump in Tesla's New FSD Update

moortime

Aug 14, 2023
Well 11 ,12 13 I sure hope that hardware 4 is included..
I see hardware 5 is out will they wait for years to beable to use what they purchased. It's not right

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Well 11 ,12 13 I sure hope that hardware 4 is included..
I see hardware 5 is out will they wait for years to beable to use what they purchased. It's not right
Where is HW 5 out? I saw only a mention of it for the Model 2 which is two years away.

moortime

Aug 14, 2023
Where is HW 5 out? I saw only a mention of it for the Model 2 which is two years away.

Jan 25th
Musk talked a little about Tesla's FSD hardware, saying Tesla continues to optimize software to get the most out of FSD hardware 3. However, more interestingly he revealed that Tesla is about to complete the design of Tesla hardware 5.

He didn't go into any other details on whether hardware 5 would simply have more compute power or additional hardware, but he said that Tesla is making gigantic improvements from hardware 3 to 4, to 5. Tesla released hardware 4 in March 2023, with additional compute power and higher-resolution cameras.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard