Discuss: First Impressions for Tesla FSD v14.3: Faster Reactions and Impressive Smoothness [VIDEO]

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,431
406
83
  • Like
Reactions: PrescottAZRichard

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
758
751
93
Reading this article and seeing some of the videos of how it behaves in parking lots, I am starting to understand more why Banish hasn't been implemented yet. While it is doing much better than any previous versions, you are always there as the backup in case it does get stuck or makes a mistake in its parking choice or other weird behaviors. For Banish to work, or at least how we imagine it, they have to get that part of FSD essentially flawless. Just look at how they still have you holding a button on your phone and showing you the live camera feed for Smart Summon, and that should tell you just how far we are from seeing Banish actually implemented.

Just imagine if they implemented Banish but then you had to stand within a certain range, hold a button on your phone continuously, and monitor a live feed while it goes off and parks. And then if it makes a mistake or something in its parking, you basically have to go rescue it.

At this point, I don't think we will see Banish until we start to see unsupervised FSD start hitting customer vehicles. And I don't mean "unsupervised" as in level 3 under certain conditions; I mean "real unsupervised" where you essentially have your own robotaxi and don't even need to sit in the driver's seat.

My guess is we will see major improvements to Smart Summon long before we see even a hint of Banish. Once you no longer need to monitor a live feed or continuously hold a button on your phone for Smart Summon to work, I think that is when we will be nearing a potential initial banish implementation.
 

PrescottAZRichard

Well-known member
Oct 28, 2022
1,092
823
113
I feel like Banish and Summon really need the FSD to be complete. That is- it is driving unsupervised AND no one in the car. Just because it’s happening in a parking lot doesn’t mean it’s easier. It may be more challenging in ways.