Discuss: Elon Musk Debunks Misreported Tesla Incident: Setting the Record Straight on FSD and Safety

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
It is tragic that someone lost their life in this accident, but I'm not sure it was the fault of the car. The driver was very drunk and shouldn't have been operating a vehicle at all. My take is that autonomous driving is probably a net win for everyone. Sure there are going to be accidents caused by autonomous cars, but I'm willing to bet that those numbers will be lower than the number of accidents due to bad human drivers (sleepy, drunk, cognitively declined, etc.)

Last edited:

PrescottAZRichard

Oct 28, 2022
Wow, that's a ballsy move! Saying the FSDb might have prevented the accident. Talk about doubling down!
Seems like Musk's claim that the software wasn't installed on that car should be provable some how. I wonder what was happening then, DUI is one thing but a fiery death is another.

Reactions: RNHurt

RNHurt

Sep 17, 2022
Kentucky
Seems like Musk's claim that the software wasn't installed on that car should be provable some how. I wonder what was happening then, DUI is one thing but a fiery death is another.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure I trust the CEO of the company when it comes to proving that something is true. It would be much better if some other party (NHTSA?) could say that the car was not under computer control at the time or that the FSD software was not even installed.

Reactions: PrescottAZRichard