Discuss: Best Tech of 2026 Is Awarded to Tesla's FSD: MotorTrend

Not a Tesla App

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2022
3,476
408
83
In a stunning reversal, MotorTrend names Tesla FSD (Supervised) its 2026 Best Tech winner, calling the V14 update a fundamental shift in the autonomy landscape.… Read More
 

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
Well deserved honestly. When I purchased my Model 3, I immediately got the 30-day trial for FSD v12, and was blown away by how good it was. That said, it was far from perfect, and could throw surprises at you randomly, so the "supervised" aspect was not to be taken lightly. Over the last nearly 2 years that I've used FSD, seeing it evolve from something that felt more like an enthusiast's paradise to something that the common Joe could use is honestly something I'm proud of being a part of. Make no mistake, it still isn't completely flawless, but from v12 to v13 and now v14, the change is essentially night and day. For the first time since I started on v12 to now on v14, it really makes you realize just how close we are to an unsupervised autonomous future. As Tesla said in their recent messaging to NVIDIA, we are on the march of 9's, and I'd say we are closer to 99.9% of the way there. Truly, my only disengagements nowadays are for navigation quirks and parking at the destination. Since Tesla introduced the FSD usage tracker, I've sat at 97% with nearly 2,000 miles traveled on FSD.
 
  • Like
Reactions: sloppyan

sloppyan

New member
Sep 3, 2025
4
1
3
Well deserved honestly. When I purchased my Model 3, I immediately got the 30-day trial for FSD v12, and was blown away by how good it was. That said, it was far from perfect, and could throw surprises at you randomly, so the "supervised" aspect was not to be taken lightly. Over the last nearly 2 years that I've used FSD, seeing it evolve from something that felt more like an enthusiast's paradise to something that the common Joe could use is honestly something I'm proud of being a part of. Make no mistake, it still isn't completely flawless, but from v12 to v13 and now v14, the change is essentially night and day. For the first time since I started on v12 to now on v14, it really makes you realize just how close we are to an unsupervised autonomous future. As Tesla said in their recent messaging to NVIDIA, we are on the march of 9's, and I'd say we are closer to 99.9% of the way there. Truly, my only disengagements nowadays are for navigation quirks and parking at the destination. Since Tesla introduced the FSD usage tracker, I've sat at 97% with nearly 2,000 miles traveled on FSD.
Only "issues" I've witnessed recently (under normal driving conditions) are occasional hesitations on lane changes, which can be tedious, and likely irksome to other drivers. Then again, to your point, it's already very impressive so I can live with this. I also wish you could use the scroll wheel function from Autopilot in FSD.

For instance if each profile had like a 5mph range you could control with a up/down scroll. Sloth (10-5 miles under), Chill (5 miles under to speed limit), Standard (speed limit to 5 mph over), hurry (5-10 over), mad max (10-15 over). Annoying to have to switch profiles every time I want to slightly speed up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Procal

Procal

Well-known member
Jun 12, 2024
769
758
93
Only "issues" I've witnessed recently (under normal driving conditions) are occasional hesitations on lane changes, which can be tedious, and likely irksome to other drivers. Then again, to your point, it's already very impressive so I can live with this. I also wish you could use the scroll wheel function from Autopilot in FSD.

For instance if each profile had like a 5mph range you could control with a up/down scroll. Sloth (10-5 miles under), Chill (5 miles under to speed limit), Standard (speed limit to 5 mph over), hurry (5-10 over), mad max (10-15 over). Annoying to have to switch profiles every time I want to slightly speed up.
Agreed. The speed profiles are definitely one of the bigger frustrations for me as well at the moment.
 

TESLASUPERFAN

Active member
Aug 27, 2024
830
96
28
Canada/USA
www.youtube.com
Notice how they are not on the latest version or even a vehicle with a bumper cam.

Interesting they dont EVER mention-AI GROK chat bot, tron/santa/fireplace/dog/sentry/service modes, 9 cameras, phone key, photobooth, ability to watch TV, virtual wraps, customized lock chimes, video games, precoditioning, free updates,banish, summon, and all the other tech stuff that no other car offers or any other non tesla driver is aware of.

Motor-trend needs to INCLUDE THE TECH FEATURES when they do reviews, its 2026, try an name a car that doesnt have tech available-yet barely a mention of those features.